About the Wayland Junior Warriors Swim Team
Jeanne Downs (head coach) H 508/358-0270,
About the league
The Wayland Junior Warriors swimteam was established in 1993. During the Fall / Winter, it competes in the Metro Swim League, which is composed of the following clubs:
Flaherty (Roslindale), SwimPro Aquatics (Groton, MA), Hayden (Lexington), Longfellow (Natick), Mystic Valley (Revere), Suburban (Framingham), Thoreau (Concord), Wayland Junior Warrors, Wayside (Marlborough), Westford, Mystic Valley (Revere), Concord (Concord). For more information on these clubs, including directions, click here.
The Metro Swim League is a Winter League organized to provide competitive swimming activities for the youth of member clubs. These activities are intended to be a source of enjoyment wherein the children can improve their swimming skills as well as learn good sportsmanship.
- A swimmer's age group is determined by the age of the swimmer at the start of the season. For the Fall / Winter program, the "as of" date is November 1st. For the Summer program the "as of" date is June 1.
- Age group breakdown: 6 and under, 7 & 8, 9 & 10, 11 & 12, 13 & 14 and 15 to 18.
- A swimmer may move up a maximum of two age groups during the dual season.
The Metro League Season shall run from approximately November 1st through March 15th.
To participate in Metro Swim League Meets, a swimmer must be a member of and train with a Metro Team League. Age group category for the season is determined by the child's age as of November 1 of the current year.
To participate in Metro Swim League Championships a swimmer must swim in four (4) Metro Swim League dual meets.
- A swimmer is permitted to enter a maximum of three (3) events; no more than two (2) may be individual events and one (1) relay.
- Girls may only swim in girl's events; boys may only swim in boy's events.
- Events may be added but not subtracted from the order of events
- Extra heats are allowed at the discretion of the home team, but are not scored.
- As many relays may be entered with the possibility of one scoring. There will be no sweeps.
Individual events: 3, 2, 1 points for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Relay: 6, 4 points for 1st and 2nd.