WJW hopes you find these random quotes motivating and inspirational.
- "The height of your success is determined by the depth of your belief."
- "Challenges are put in our way, not to stop us, but to call out our courage and strength."
- "If you do not consciously form good habits, you will unconsciously form bad ones."
- "The greatest service you can render someone else is by helping him help himself. If you see an opportunity in his path, point it out, but let your hand guide, not push him. Remember the risk is his, and that he who takes it must make the decision." Balthazar Gracian
- "Only those risking to go far will ever know how far they can go."
- "The road to success is always under construction."
- "If you can't describe what you're doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing."
- "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
- "I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Albert Einstein
- "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face . . . we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt
- "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill
- CONCEIVE – BELIEVE – ACHIEVE
- "Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." W.B. Yeats.
- "Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
- Don't be afraid to take one large step; you can't cross a chasm in two small leaps.
- Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
- "The service you do for others is the rent you pay for the time you spend on earth." Mohammed Ali
- "Even if you're on the right track; you'll get run over if you just sit there." Will Rogers
- That which we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly.
- "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius
- Let those who would enjoy a good future waste none of their present.
- "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller
- "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." Thomas Edison
- It's not how hard you fall, it's how high you bounce that matters. If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through Life's challenges.
- How important is attitude? Remember this: your ability is what you're capable of doing; your motivation determines what you accomplish; your attitude determines how well you do it. If you want to swim well, you will need a great attitude to do so.
- "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
- Everyone is self-made; but only the successful are ever willing to admit it.
- "When you're courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." Albert Einstein
- That which is static and repetitive can become boring. That which is dynamic and random can become confusing. Balance is the key to all things.
- Great athletes are people who can do their best at a time when they don't particularly feel like it.
- Remember that we come to wisdom through failure. Don't be afraid to "fail". This is often the result when you attempt to achieve that which you have not yet mastered. Yet it is only through this continued attempt in the very face of failure that we will ultimately succeed.
- Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
- Liberty is the right to choose. This is our one fundamental right. Freedom is the result of the right choice.
- "Promise yourself – to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To talk health, happiness and prosperity to everyone you meet. To look at the sunny side of everything. To think of only the best and expect only the best. To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble." Anonymous
- "To work for some high goal in the face of long odds; to keep on struggling for it in the face of certain defeat; to believe in it in the face of constant criticism; to keep spirits up in the face of disillusionment; to hold fast to it in the face of peril – this is the essence of an adventurous life. With such a spirit we can accomplish great deeds." Anonymous
- Whenever you feel as if a door has closed in your face, quiet your mind and take a few deep breaths. Become more aware of your surroundings. You just might feel the breeze from the window of opportunity that has opened right behind you.
- No pressure, no diamonds. If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
- Remember – we all stumble at times, every one of us. That's why it's such a comfort to go hand-in-hand, to be part of a team. We can help each other up and continue on.
- The only lifelong, reliable motivations are those which come from within, and one of the strongest of those is the joy that grows from knowing that you've just done something as well as you can possibly do it. This is called intrinsic motivation. The great Brandeis psychologist, Teresa M. Amabile said, "Intrinsic motivation is conducive to creativity; extrinsic motivation is detrimental to creativity" meaning that at some point you must follow your inner muse, your inner voice, to truly bring forth the sum of your creative powers. Ultimately, swimming, like all sport, is about creating the perfect form, becoming one with the perfect movement needed to go forward through the most dense medium humans ever perform in – water.
- The best way to predict the future is to create it.
- "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt
CALVIN COOLIDGE ON PERSISTENCE:
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
- Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.
- Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
- Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
- Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.